Shandong University is a well-known comprehensive university with a long history in China and one of the key colleges and universities directly under the Ministry of Education. Its predecessor was the official Shandong University Hall, founded in Jinan in 1901 (the 27th year of the Guangxu period of the Qing Dynasty). Since its establishment, Shandong University has undergone two historical stages of semi-colonial and semi-feudal society and socialist society from the late Qing Dynasty, the Republic of China to the People's Republic of China with the social changes. During the period, it was renamed several times. There have been many changes in suspension, reconstruction, joint school, and relocation. It has received various universities in different periods, and has divided more than ten colleges and universities. On the tortuous road, she breathed with the motherland and shared the same fate. She trained a large number of talents with real talents, made important contributions to the development of national higher education and various construction undertakings, and won a good reputation at home and abroad.
In 1901, the governor of Shandong Province, Yuan Shikai, played the "Draft of the Provisional Regulations of the Shandong Provincial University" and Zhu Bei's criticism from Emperor Guangxu
In 1901, the governor of Shandong Province, Yuan Shikai, played the "Draft of the Temporary Regulations of Shandong Provincial University," and at the same time transferred to Penglaizhi County to prepare. In October of this year, the "Repeated Manuscript" was approved, and the official Shandong University Hall was officially established in Jinan Wuyuan College. Zhou Xuexi is the general management office (principal). The first batch of students enrolled 300 students, divided into special fast, Zhengzhai, prepared fast, divided into fasting classes. It hired more than 50 people from both China and the West, and later increased to more than 110 people. The American Hirsch was the general education. In addition to the history of the classics, there are more than 20 courses in social sciences, natural sciences, and foreign languages. The schooling system lasts for three years and then changes to four years. In 1904, the school was relocated to the new site of Gansu Ganshiqiao, and was renamed Shandong Higher School. In 1911, it was renamed Shandong Higher School. Fang Yannian, Chen Enzhang, Xiao Yingchun, Chen Qinghe, Zhou Xueyuan, Wei Yerui, Chen Enzhang, Li Yutong, Li Lianzhang, Fan Zhijie, Huang Guoen, Ding Weizhang, etc. successively served as principals. In 1912, the National Government implemented a system of setting up university districts across the country, setting up universities in each district's central city, and setting up specialized colleges in each province. Shandong belongs to the central city of Beijing. According to Zhang University Hall, it should be abolished because it awaits the completion of the two classes of Zhengke and will be closed until 1914. Teachers and students were transferred to six specialized schools of law and politics, industry, agriculture, commerce, mining, and medicine. The principal Ding Weizhen succeeded the president of the specialized commercial school. The school premises were used by the specialized school of law and politics. In the 14 years since its establishment, Shandong University Hall has trained a total of 770 graduates, and selected 59 people to study in Europe, America and Japan. Among them, Xu Jingxin, Zhang Boyan and others participated in the league in Japan and were appointed by Sun Yat-sen as the head of the Shandong league. Shandong University Hall is the first government-run college in Shandong Province and the starting point of Shandong University history.
In 1906, the Law and Politics School was established in the Huanghua Museum in Jinan, and the Law School was set up the following year. In 1913, it merged into Shandong Public Law School. In 1907, Shandong Governor Yang Shizhen and Wu Tingbin set up the Shandong Higher Agricultural School in Quanfuzhuang, Dongguan, Jinan, and took five thousand acres of land in the southern suburbs of Qianfoshan and Maanshan as the school's forestry. In 1913, they were renamed Shandong Public Agricultural College. In 1912, a student from Japan, Ye Chunying, asked to set up a business school in Nanguan, Jinan, and later named Shandong Public Business College. In 1912, the Gaomi Middle School of Technology in Qingzhou Prefecture merged with the Jinan School of Technology, and later merged into Shandong No. 1 Middle School. In the second year, Shandong Public Industrial College was established in Shangzhitang School. In 1915, Shandong Province set up a medical training center. In 1916, it was renamed Shandong Medical School. The school is located in Baihezhuang, Beiyuan, Jinan. In 1920, it officially named Shandong Public Medical College. In 1920, the Mining Research Institute was expanded into the Shandong Public Mining Specialized School, and the site was located at Jinan Dongguan. The courses of the above six specialized schools are all modern social sciences and natural sciences. Most of the teachers are international students from Europe, America and Japan. In the development history of Shandong University, these six specialized schools have played a role in building on the past.
In 1926, Feng Zongchang, the warlord, ordered the six public schools in Shandong to be merged, and the provincial Shandong University was established in Jinan. The head of the Shandong Provincial Department of Education, the late Qing Dynasty champion Wang Shoupeng. Established five colleges of literature, law, engineering, agriculture, and medicine, including 13 departments of Chinese philosophy, Chinese literature, law, political economy, business, machinery, weaving, applied chemistry, mining, agriculture, forestry, silkworm, and medicine, And there are secondary schools. The school has an evaluation council, a faculty committee, and a department professor committee to regularly study teaching, personnel, and funding issues. There are 320 teachers in the university department, of which 200 are professors. In addition to professional courses, there are also elective courses, and students graduate with a bachelor's degree. In 1928, the National Expeditionary Army arrived in Shandong, and the warlords fled. Japanese imperialists used the pretext of protecting diasporas to send troops to Jinan, creating the "Five or Three" tragedy. During the turmoil, the school had no funds and was closed immediately.
In August 1924, the private Qingdao University was formally established, and Gao Enhong became the president. There are engineering and business courses, four years of schooling, and a bachelor's degree will be awarded to those who pass the exam. In addition to students abroad, there are overseas Chinese from Nanyang and Korean students. Revolutionary activist Luo Ronghuan, Peng Mingjing and other students of the school. The school board hired celebrities such as Liang Qichao, Cai Yuanpei, Zhang Boling, Huang Yanpei and others as honorary directors. The Bismarck Barracks, built by the Germans in Qingdao, is used as the school site. In 1925, the war started again, the direct warlord failed, Gao Enhong went down, the school was on the verge of closing, and the school board publicly promoted Shandong Chuandian, Song Chuandian, to take over as the headmaster, barely maintaining it. After the Northern Expeditionary Forces arrived in Shandong in 1928, the Feng Department was defeated, and the school funding was gradually cut off, and students were treated as colleges.
Provincial Shandong University and private Qingdao University were the predecessors of the later-established National Qingdao University, occupying an important chapter in the history of Shandong University.
In August 1928, the Ministry of Education of the Nanjing National Government ordered the establishment of the National Shandong University on the basis of the provincial Shandong University based on a report from the Shandong Provincial Department of Education. And 11 people including He Siyuan, Wei Zongjin, Chen Xuenan, Zhao Wan, Wang Jinxin, Peng Baichuan, Yang Lianggong, Yang Zhensheng, Du Guangyi, Fu Sinian, and Sun Xuewu formed the National Shandong University Preparatory Committee to start the preparation work. During the preparatory process, Mr. Cai Yuanpei set up the National Shandong University in Qingdao and obtained the consent of Education Minister Jiang Menglin. In June 1929, the Preparatory Committee of the National Shandong University was ordered to change to the Preparatory Committee of the National Qingdao University. In addition to accepting the provincial Shandong University, it will also use the private Qingdao University for production and production to prepare for the National Qingdao University. In April 1930, the KMT government appointed Yang Zhensheng as the president. On September 20, the opening ceremony was held. The National Qingdao University was officially formed.
Stand. The school initially had three colleges: liberal arts, science, and education, which were divided into eight departments: Chinese literature department, foreign literature department, mathematics department, physics department, chemistry department, biology department, education administration department, and rural education department. In September 1932, the School of Education was closed, and most of the students were transferred to the School of Education of the National Central University. At the same time, two colleges of engineering and agriculture were established. The School of Engineering has a Department of Civil Engineering and a Department of Mechanical Engineering. The College of Agriculture is located in Jinan and has two research and extension departments. Soon, the College of Arts and Sciences was merged into the College of Arts and Sciences. The school has a school affairs meeting, which is composed of the principal, the dean, the secretary general, the deans of the colleges, the heads of departments and professors, and is responsible for determining all major matters. Principal Yang Zhensheng's ideological progress, visionary, imitating Peking University's "compatible and inclusive", "scientific and democratic" school policy, recruiting experts and scholars such as Wen Yiduo, Huang Jingsi, Huang Jiyu, Ren Zhigong, Fu Ying, Shen Congwen, Liang Shiqiu, Wen Xun, You Guoen, Zeng Sheng, Tang Tenghan and other famous scholars all teach at the school. The school has developed rapidly and its reputation is growing, which has led to the emergence of the National Qingdao University. In 1932, the Executive Yuan decided to change the National Qingdao University to the National Shandong University, and appointed Zhao Taizhang (Zhao Wei) to take over as the president. Zhao Taizhang, formerly the dean of the National Qingdao University, agreed with Yang Zhensheng's policy for running schools. After taking over, a group of experts and scholars such as Lao She, Hong Shen, Zhang Ye, Ding Shan, Wang Yichang, Tong Dizhou, and Zeng Chengkui were recruited. The faculty camp is more tidy. At the same time, administrative expenses have been saved. Books and instruments have been purchased. Engineering schools, gymnasiums, chemistry halls, hydraulic laboratories, and internship factories have improved school conditions. During this period, due to the relatively stable external environment, talents gathered in the school, celebrities gathered, and the teachers and students worked diligently and achieved great success, becoming a well-known domestic institution of higher learning in the academic circle. National Shandong University implements the "school year credit system", with a four-year academic year and students graduated with a bachelor's degree. The school has successively established academic journals "Science Series", "Culture and History Series", "Li Xue", "Diao Dou" and so on.
In 1937, the "Seven, Seven" Incident, the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War. In November, the National Shandong University moved from Qingdao to Anqing, Anhui, and then Wanxian, Sichuan. Books, instruments, and files were shipped out in batches with serious losses. In the spring of 1938, the school resumed classes in Wanxian, and soon the Ministry of Education ordered a "temporary suspension." Teachers and students were transferred to the National Central University, and books, instruments, and machinery were temporarily handed over to the National Central Library, National Central University, and National Central Technical Vocational School.
In the spring of 1946, it was approved by the Ministry of Education of the National Government. National Shandong University was reopened in Qingdao, and Zhao Taizhang was the president. After the resumption, there are five colleges of arts, science, engineering, agriculture, and medicine, including Chinese literature, history, foreign literature, mathematics, physics, chemistry, zoology, botany, geology and mineralogy, civil engineering, and machinery. There are 15 departments of engineering, electrical engineering, agronomy, horticulture, and aquatic water. There is no department in the medical school, and there is a pre-university course and a senior nurse school. The length of study of students in each college is four years, including five years for engineering colleges and six years for medical colleges. The opening ceremony was held on October 25, 1946. Well-known scholars Wang Tongzhao, Lu Kanru, Feng Yijun, Huang Xiaoshu, Ding Shan, Zhao Jibin, Yang Xiangkui, Xiao Difei, Ding Xilin, Yang Zhao, Tong Dizhou, Zeng Chengkui, Wang Pu, Guo Yicheng, Wang Hengshou, Li Xianzheng, Liu Zunxian, Zhu Shuping, Yan Xiaofu, Yang Zonghan, Zheng Chengkun, Li Shiwei, and Shen Fupeng were invited to teach at the school. On June 2, 1949, Qingdao was liberated, and Wang Zhe, Luo Zhufeng, and Gao Jianqiu led the military management team into the school to take over and rectify the school. Shandong University has since entered a new period.
In 1944, the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China decided to establish Huazhong Construction University on the basis of the Central China Party School. The school is located in Xinpu, Yi County, Jiangsu and Anhui Provinces. Peng Kang, the Propaganda Minister of Central China Bureau, is also the principal. There are three departments: civil affairs, finance, literature and art, and a high-ranking class. On May 4, 1945, the school officially started. In August, the first student graduated and the school moved to Qingjiang. In early 1946, the principal Peng Kang led some cadres and students to join Linyi Shandong University. The principal of Huazhong Construction University was succeeded by Li Yanong. Celebrities in the Liberated Area, He Ximing, Zhang Jinfu, Zhang Qian, Xia Zhengnong, Dai Baitao, A Ying, Sun Yefang, Fan Changjiang, Car , Zhu Weiwei, Li Binghong, Huang Yuan, Tao Guanyun, etc. work and teach at school. The school is planned to be a regular university with six colleges and preparatory courses including engineering, agriculture, liberal arts, medicine, normal education, and social sciences.
In August 1945, the Shandong Anti-Japanese People's Government founded Shandong University in Linyi, a liberated area (to distinguish the National Shandong University, called Linyi Shandong University), with Li Chengzhi and Tian Peizhi as their vice presidents. Set up a preparatory department to recruit knowledgeable young people for ideological and political education. In early 1946, Peng Kang, the president of Huazhong Construction University, led more than 400 teachers and students from the university to go north and merged into Linyi Shandong University. The faculty has been strengthened, the school has been expanded, four departments of politics, economics, education, literature and art have been established, and professional-oriented learning has been established. He Feng, Xue Muqiao, Li Zhongrong, Wang Shuming, Sun Keding, Liu Lixing , Hu Kao, Song Richang, Shang Yi, Song Zhi and others are teaching at the school.
Opening Ceremony of 1951 and Shandong University and East China University Jointly Celebrate the Presidium of the Conference
In the summer of 1948, the East China Bureau of the Communist Party of China decided to build some East China University in Weixian based on some of the left-behind personnel in the former Bohai area of Linyi Shandong University and to concentrate some of the original teachers. School starts on the 4th. Wei Zheng is the principal, and Zhang Bochuan and Li Yuchao are the vice principals. After the liberation of Jinan, it moved into Jinan in November. After the relocation, three colleges of literature, social sciences, and education and a research department were established. Another secondary school is set up. In May 1949, Wei Wei was transferred to the Deputy Mayor of Shanghai, and Peng Kang took over as principal, and the school transitioned to a regular university. In November, the School of Education was designated and later became Shandong Normal University. The affiliated middle school was transferred to the leader of Jinan City and changed to the experimental middle school. After the National Education Work Conference in 1950, the school was reorganized into five departments: politics, literature, history and geography, art, and Russian, and transferred to formal business study. In the winter of 1950, he was ordered to relocate to Qingdao. In 1951, he co-located with Shandong University in Qingdao. Huazhong Jianshe University, Linyi Shandong University, and East China University are all short-term training-class political universities. In the war-torn era, they trained nearly 10,000 cadres for the country and made positive contributions to revolutionary war and construction.
In March 1951, Shandong University and East China University were co-founded and still named Shandong University. Hua Gang serves as principal and secretary of the party committee of the school. Tong Dizhou and Lu Kanru are vice presidents. There are five colleges of literature, science, engineering, agriculture, and medicine, divided into Chinese literature, history, foreign literature, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and animals 18 departments: science, botany, geology and mineralogy, aquaculture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, agronomy, horticulture, pests and diseases, political science, arts. Politics and art are two direct lines. The school actively implements the party's education policy, promotes teaching reform, and vigorously carries out scientific research. In 1951, he founded the "History of Literature, History and Philosophy" and "Journal of Shandong University", which opened up a scientific field and promoted academic contention. Since then, Shandong University has entered a new stage of academic prosperity. In the summer of 1952, national colleges and universities were adjusted. According to the plan of the Central Education Commission for the adjustment of colleges and universities in Shandong University, Shandong University adjusted the following departments: (1) Political Department, moved to Jinan to form Shandong Political School, which is now the Party School of the Shandong Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of China. (2) The Drama Department of the Art Department was relocated to Shanghai and merged with the Shanghai Academy of Drama to form the East China Branch of the Central Academy of Drama, which is now the Shanghai Academy of Drama. (3) The two departments of music and fine arts in the art department were relocated to Wuxi and merged with Shanghai Academy of Fine Arts and Suzhou Academy of Fine Arts to form the East China Academy of Arts and later Nanjing Academy of Arts. (4) Engineering College and Civil Engineering Department merged with the former Department of Civil Engineering and Textile of Shandong Institute of Technology to form Qingdao Institute of Technology, and later moved to Wuhan to merge with related departments to establish Wuhan Institute of Surveying and Mapping and Wuhan University of Surveying and Mapping. (5) The Mechanical and Electrical Departments of the Engineering College were relocated to Jinan and transferred to the former Shandong Institute of Technology to form a new Shandong Institute of Technology, and later Shandong University of Technology. (6) The three departments of agronomy, horticulture and plant diseases and insect pests of the Agricultural College were relocated to Jinan and merged with the former Shandong Agricultural College to form a new Shandong Agricultural College, which is now Shandong Agricultural University. (VII) Medical College became independent in 1956 and was expanded to Qingdao Medical College. (8) The Department of Geology and Mineral Resources of the Faculty of Science was moved to Changchun, and merged with the departments of the relevant institutions to form the Changchun College of Geology. (9) In 1954, the Ministry of Education planned to change the layout of higher education institutions, and instructed Shandong University to establish a new university in Zhengzhou. Shandong University supported teachers, which is now Zhengzhou University. (10) When the school was moved to Jinan, the departments and departments that remained in Qingdao, after establishing the institute independently, developed into the current Ocean University of China. In the adjustment of faculties and departments, Shandong University established ten colleges and departments, and cancelled the first-level organization of the college, leaving Chinese, history, foreign languages, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and aquaculture. The Department of Oceanography and the two Institutes of Literary History and Marine Physics have been established to become a comprehensive university focusing on liberal arts and science directly under the Ministry of Education. The Chinese and History majors began to recruit graduate students, and also accepted international students from North Korea, Vietnam, and the Soviet Union. The school's influence spread abroad. In 1955, Hua Gang was framed and resigned. Later, Tong was transferred to the Chinese Academy of Sciences. In July 1956, Deputy Governor of Shandong Province, Zhe Zhefu, became principal and party secretary. In 1957, teachers and students of the Department of Foreign Languages entered Shanghai Foreign Studies University, and the Department of Foreign Languages was cancelled. In 1958, Xia Xiezhefu was transferred back to the province, and the State Council appointed Fangwu as its president and party committee secretary.
In 1960, Chairman Mao Zedong heard a lecture from Shandong University on operation research in Jinan
In July 1958, Shandong University was under the leadership of Shandong Province. In October of the same year, it was ordered to move to Jinan. The Chinese, History and Liberal Arts departments and the Fourth Department of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of Jinan were relocated to Jinan, while the Third Department of Marine, Aquatic, and Geological Minerals under preparation were left in Qingdao (later independent as Shandong Ocean University, now China Ocean University). During this period, in accordance with the needs of scientific development and national construction, the Department of Foreign Languages was restored in the autumn of 1959. The Political Department was reestablished in 1960, and the Department of Atomic Energy and Electronics was established. , Chinese, History, Foreign Languages, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Atomic Energy (later students merged into Fudan University, the department was revoked), 10 departments of electronics. Nine research institutes of Chinese classical literature, modern Chinese literature, American literature, ancient Chinese history, differential equations (control theory), magnetism, crystals, and microbes have been established. Eight majors accept graduate education. There are three specialized amateur universities, six professional correspondence courses, and correspondence graduate students are recruited. The number of amateur and correspondence students in the school reaches 4,000. At the same time, the training of foreign students was resumed. After the school was relocated, construction of new school buildings began in 1959. Seven years before the Cultural Revolution in 1966, two schools for cultural history, chemistry, six student dormitories, three canteens, 13 faculty dormitories and some Auxiliary houses with a total area of 50,000 square meters. Nine departments of the school live in two places. The school department and the four departments of foreign language, physics, electronics, and biology still live in the same place, called the old school; the five departments of politics, Chinese, history, mathematics, and chemistry moved to a new school building, called the new school. In 1961, the school returned to the leadership of the Ministry of Education. The school expanded into the field of social science in the strengths of literature and history. In the strengths of science, it emphasized the new features of mathematics, magnetism, crystals, and microorganisms in the 1960s, laying the foundation for the future development of the school. A good foundation. The "Cultural Revolution" began in 1966. In June, the campus of Shandong University was paralyzed. After 1967, there were many hills in the school. After a group of schools seized power, the name of the school was changed to "Lu Xun University", and the name of Shandong University was not restored until 1970. In the summer of 1970, the Shandong Provincial Revolutionary Committee divided Shandong University into three: the four departments of Politics, Chinese, Foreign Languages, and History moved to Qufu in the south, merged with Qufu Teachers College, when it was called Shandong University; the Department of Biology moved to Tai'an, and merged into Shandong Agricultural College; the school departments and the five departments of mathematics, physics, electronics, chemistry, and optics (newly built) remained in Jinan to establish Shandong University of Science and Technology. In 1973, Premier Zhou Enlai learned of this situation during his illness and immediately signed the instructions to restore the original system of Shandong University. In early 1974, Shandong University resumed the original system, and Shandong University of Science and Technology was revoked immediately.
On July 22, 2000, the former Shandong University, Shandong Medical University, and Shandong University of Technology merged to form the new Shandong University inauguration meeting
In 1978, Sun Hanqing became the party secretary of the school, and Wu Fuheng became the principal. In 1984, Deng Conghao became the principal. During this period, with the approval of the former Ministry of Education, Shandong University Weihai Branch was established in 1984 in the scenic coastal city of Weihai. In 1986, Xu Yulong served as party secretary of the school. In 1987, Pan Chengdong served as principal. In 1988, Chen Zhi'an served as party secretary of the school. In 1996, Zeng Fanren served as party secretary of the school. In 1998, Zhang Leling served as the school's party committee secretary, and Zeng Fanren served as the president.
In July 2000, the former Shandong University, the former Shandong Medical University (Note 1), and the former Shandong University of Technology (Note 2) merged to form a new Shandong University. Zhu Zhengchang is the party secretary and Zhan Tao is the principal. In August 2002, Shao Guifang was appointed Party Secretary of the school. In February 2005, Zhu Zhengchang served as party secretary of the school. In November 2008, Xu Xianming served as principal. In October 2011, Li Shou trusted the party secretary of the school. In October 2013, Zhang Rong served as principal.